Feature

Brouwerij Palm

The history of PALM Breweries goes back to 1686. At that time Theodoor Cornet, estate manager of Diepensteyn Castle, was the proprietor of an inn opposite the church in Steenhuffel. He brewed beer and distilled jenever there for his guests, also brewing a heavier “Counts’ beer” for the Lords of Diepensteyn, Counts of Maldeghem-Steenhuffel. In 1747, Anne Cornet converted it into a small top-fermentation village brewery, selling beer to the inhabitants of the village.

Pages